This Council is twinned with the District of Anse Boileau, Seychelles since February 2004 with the objective of establishing relations for the benefit of the population of two regions and bringing them together and also favour educational, sport, cultural, social and economic exchanges.
The exchanges effected till date are as follows:
1. Signature of Protocol of Twinning
2. Women’s Associations Visit
3. Senior Citizens Visit
4. Educational Visits (Primary School Children)
5. Participation in Festival Creole
6. Visit of Agricultural Team
visit at Anse Boileau, Seychelles, 2018
Photo(1): Meeting between Mr. K. Rutnee, Chairperson of District Council of Black River and Mrs. M. Antoinette Alexis, Mayor of Victoria (Seychelles)
EDUCATIONAL EXCHANGE PROGRAMME
Several educational exchange programmes have been organised during the recent years with La Gaulette, Bel Ombre, Le Morne, New Bambous and Bambous ‘A’ Government School. During each exchange, children are lodged in families and they attend primary school classes of the above respective schools.
In that context, a delegation of ten school children (five girls and five boys) of Standard 5 and 6 of the New Pailles and Xavier Barbe Government Schools, residing in Pailles and 5 adults, including officials and a parent proceeded to Anse Boileau, Seychelles, during primary school holidays, from Monday 4 April 2011 to Monday 11 April 2011.
During their stay they visited several places such as:
· Seychelles International Airport
· Visit to L’Ile Perseverance Housing Project
· Meeting with Mayor of Victoria
· Visit to expo 2020
· Visit Botanical Garden
· Attending Mass- Lady of Sorrows Church, Anse Boileau
For the return educational exchange programme, a delegation from Anse Boileau, Seychelles, comprising ten primary school children of Std VI and five adults including teachers, parents and officials visited Mauritius from Monday 25 April 2011 to Monday 02 may 2011.
The programmes for Delegation were as follows:
· Visit Casela Bird Park
· Visit and lunch at Black River District Council
· Visit and dinner at municipal council of Port Louis
· Visit Swami Vivekananda International Convention Centre and visit and dinner at Domaine Les Pailles
· Attending mass – St Vincent de Paul Pailles
· Mini cultural show in New Pailles Govt School (performance by both Mauritian & Anse Boileau primary School children)
· Visit and lunch at Le WaterPark (SIT – Leisure Limited)
· Site seeing- dolphin at Tamarin
· Salt pan and Bel Ombre Public Beach